So you thought the government was going to give you some money while you're out of work because of a global pandemic, sure oh...whats this, looks like Nancy Pelosi, the 95 year old Senator, who's been there for 4 decades, who comes from a district where people are shitting on every corner of the city by the hour, wants to check off a few buckets before we help you:
- Waives $10,000 in federal student loan payments.
- $4 billion in grant funding to help states with upcoming elections
- a section that would cancel several executive orders and presidential memorandums
- new carbon offset guidelines for airlines
- new incentives for states to expand Medicaid
- Expands paid sick leave and family medical leave
- nearly $60 billion into to universities
- $20 billion to reimbursing the U.S. Postal Service
- Requires companies receiving federal assistance during coronavirus to institute a $15 minimum wage
What happens if the trucking productivity of a state drops in half, does that mean some things can't be delivered and they will prioritize food? Could enough people even get sick to not have enough drivers? Sincere question. When I was at the grocery store they seemed to have plenty of supply, but it was a matter of the trucks getting it to the store, and as soon as they did it was all bought up and another 12 hour wait for the next truck delivery.
P.S. Maybe the current drivers should be temporarily allowed to haul two trailers like in Canada on long haul routes.
I hope the national emergency powers act gives Trump the ability to make some of these people shut the fuck up.
National emergency powers act
"locked bcuz u cant play along"
[removed] [removed] (1024 points)* [removed] (613 points)* [removed] (500 points)*
[removed] (423 points)* [removed]
Vote Hillary 2016 (hidden)*
[removed] (145 points)*
[removed] (1426 points)*
These subreddits are active, open and posting is encouraged here.
These subreddits are closed down, with 1 user and no permissions to post.
This speaks for itself.
Spez's plan was to slowly starve and kill our sub. Quarantine, posting queues, shadow bans, hiding content. They wanted to slowly suffocate and kill the sub. But now, each time they try to tighten the noose, more pedes jump ship and come here. Reddit no longer has any leverage.