weaponized autism will be our greatest ally against communism. lol
For obvious reasons I am kidding...
The mods on the_donald have restricted posts to where almost nobody can post, yet of the few posts that were allowed two were obviously against site rules and likely were set as bait to ban those who upvote. These posts stayed up for a while. The Reddit admins are using dirty tactics.
- The first thing they did was take away r/reddit.com. This took away the only tool for communicating with reddit about reddit. If you had any concerns about the website as a whole, you could address them through r/all. Taking that away was the first step.
- The power now resided in individual subreddits, obviously the most popular ones. There was a power grab to become moderators of these subreddits. I remember as the upcoming election loomed, all of a sudden, r/circlejerk (one of the old default subreddits) became completely obsessed with bashing Ron Paul. I am not even a RP supporter, but that was definitely orchestrated, and NOT by some kids trying to be funny.
- Once the subreddits were controlled, drastic changes began to occur. I remember when r/IAma was open to anyone and the popularity was decided by voting. Now it is nothing more than a cheap place for celebrities to whore out their products and you need to be "approved".
- The appearance of shills soon became VERY apparent. All of a sudden new accounts started popping up out of nowhere, cue the birth of r/HailCorporate. Also, around this time, "feel good" military posts started appearing, like a soldier coming home to his dog. From brand new accounts that never posted again. Eglin Air Force Base = Reddit's most addicted city! I would hate to be the poor reddit intern who got fired that day! "Didn't you read the memo Billy. US military bases are never to be included in our yearly stats!!!"
- Now we have blatant censorship on r/news, r/worldnews etc... saying that X site is not allowed. What ever happened to letting people vote on the content of this website?
- Speaking of voting, they changed that too. We now have an entirely new way to view upvote/downvote scores. A user used to be able to see their score. But now, everything is fuzzed. For example, if you made a semi-controversial comment before, but many people agreed, you may have a score like (47/45), leaving you with a -2 next to the comment. Now you just get a -2 and nobody knows if anyone agreed with you.
- *Hey guise, us nerds who run reddit have decided to shuffle all of the front-page subreddits, tee-hee we are so random ‿^ * No more r/circlejerk, that pesky subreddit hits too close to home. Lets add 2X to the mix, even though they wanted to remain an anonymous sub, fuck them, we need to show our shareholders we represent the female demographic. Lets also add a bunch of subs that we can use to share propaganda like r/nottheonion.
- You are posting too much, please wait... It now doesn't matter if you have confirmed your email, or been posting on this site for years. If you anger the wrong mod/admin or your posts aren't doing "well", then you get benched.
- Reddit is not a meritocracy. tl;dr: Your votes do not matter. The front page is not decided on merit. Different subs are given different algorithms. There is a behind the scene ranking system that gives certain content a "head-start" and as we have learned at r/conspiracy, if they don't like our sub, then we are banished from the front page, forever. Just like we were banished from r/bestof, after this amazing comment that was gilden 8X and received over 3000 upvotes. They actually gave that user the boot. How dare you bring your unique, first-hand perspective to a web-forum!!!
- The arrival and subsequent take over of r/undelete. Due to the now rampant censorship on the site, users took it into their own hands to bring the truth into the light. They created a part of reddit where users could see what was being deleted. Nope.
- All of the proper "checks and balances" are now in place. R/worldnews has become the ultimate modern-day version of the Two-Minutes Hate from George Orwell's 1984: a daily period in which Party members of the society of Oceania must watch a film depicting the Party's enemies and express their hatred for them. But when we really want to drive a point home, the entire front-page gets in on the action!!! It wasn't always like this. A few years ago, there were just as many disagreements and differences of opinion on reddit, but they were REAL. And the site was still a democracy. People voted and things swung from side to side, everybody learned in the end. Now we have a completely one-sided mess that pretends to be democratic. And I believe this can essentially be boiled down to greed. Reddit gets billions of views. The people who run reddit are not the "cool bloggers" they try to portray themselves as. There is a head running things, and it is sinister and they are making A LOT of money, and have A LOT of power, and A LOT of influence. And they know it. You should too.
Thread can be read here:
They want to take our subreddit away from us? Push us out? Fuck that.
Go into the political subreddits and start fighting back against those morons, spend your karma. Upvote your fellow pedes, we've got nothing to lose now.
...if you look through PAGES of the front of /r/all, there is NOT A PEEP about the President's "largest online fan club" getting knocked over by a chinese-backed coup d'etate
What’s to stop us from taking over r/politics and claiming it as our own. Start posting pro trump memes with vague confusing titles, sort by new, upvote pro trump, downvote and report all others. If you get banned, start a new account and continue. Let’s show them this trump train has no brakes!!! We can coordinate from td.win where they have no control.
Amazing job rebooting the_donald on an independent forum.
I found the_donald in July of 2016. Since then I have been regular. I am more than happy to move here.
Who to report election interference too-
Who to report section 230 abuse too-
Twitter addys are: @FEC and @FCC
Report everything you think is important to-
Reddit hides behind this -
When they are really this -